Classes & Events
Learn to Knit
Come learn to knit with us!
When: Saturday, May 7 & 14 from 10:30 – 12:30
Where: Unraveled (9 Wilson St. East, Perth)
This class is for those who have never knit before, or who learned but have forgotten how. Through the process of making two dishcloths, you’ll learn how to:
- Increase and Decrease
- Cast on and Cast off
- Read a simple knitting pattern
- Read a yarn tag
- Find help and resources
Registration in this class includes the following
- Two 2-hour sessions with an instructor
- Needle and patterns
- Yarn in your choice of colour
*Homework (i.e. knitting at home) may be required to complete these projects.
Learn to Knit Socks
When: Saturday, May 28, June 4 & June 11 from 10:30 – 12:30
Where: Unraveled @ 9 Wilson St. East, Perth
This course will run over three consecutive weeks and focus on basic sock knitting techniques. Homework knitting may be required.
Students will learn to make a sock from the top down, using a flap and gusset heel and grafted toe (Kitchener Stitch). There will be discussion about different cast on methods, as well as different heel and toe styles. Instruction will be given using double pointed needles.
- Class 1: Cast on techniques, discussion of ribbing options, what to look for in sock yarns
- Homework: Knit the leg of the sock to the desired length
- Class 2: Turn the heel and pick up for the gusset
- Homework: Finish the gusset decreases and work the foot to desired length
- Class 3: Kitchener Stitch / grafting the toe
Students must be comfortable with knit and purl stitches.
Students should have some experience decreasing, picking up stitches and knitting in the round using any method (DPNs, 9” circular, magic loop etc.).
One 150g ball Regia 6-ply yarn (student has colour choice).
Printed Pattern (You could stop traffic with these socks by Raquel Gaskell)
Set of 5 DPNs size 3.75mm
Sit ‘n Stitch
Sit ‘n Stitch happens every Thursday and Sunday from 1:00 – 3:00.
No reservations required, just bring your crafty project and join us!